BECOMING A SOBC BURNABY VOLUNTEER
As a grassroots, volunteer-based organization, Special Olympics British Columbia relies on the support and dedication of over 2,400 volunteer coaches, administrators, and event assistants province wide in order to fulfill our mandate.
Volunteering with Special Olympics BC Burnaby is an opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the quality of life of individuals with intellectual disabilities, and an opportunity for you to make a meaningful contribution within your community.
Getting involved with Special Olympics BC Burnaby is also an opportunity for volunteers of all backgrounds to:
- Meet new friends
- Gain new skills for personal and professional development
- Share your knowledge
- Experience the satisfaction of helping others develop and succeed—in sport and in life!
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and growing number of volunteers in the community of Burnaby. Our volunteers have found their involvement with Special Olympics a fulfilling and life-enriching experience.
Our sports programs include:
- Alpine Skiing, Active Start, Soccer
- Basketball, Fitness Training, Softball
- Bocce, Floor Hockey, FUNdamentals
- Bowling (5 & 10 Pin), Golf, Aquatics
- Cross Country Skiing, Powerlifting, Athletics (Track & Field)
- Curling, Snowshoeing
Administrative opportunities include:
- Public Relations
- Executive Leadership
- Computer Administration
- Event and Social Planning
For more information, please contact: