Since 1980, our organization has provided high-quality sports programs and competitions to meet the needs and interests of individuals with Intellectual disabilities, enriching lives and celebrating personal achievement through positive sports experiences.
For individuals with intellectual disabilities, Special Olympics BC Burnaby offers opportunities such as:
- Train in high quality sports programs with certified coaches.
- Exercise regularly and improve their health, motor skills, and coordination.
- Learn about teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Set athletic and personal goals.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem.
- Meet new friends in a fun environment.
- Compete and travel.
Special Olympics BC Burnaby welcomes athletes from a wide range of ages, backgrounds, interests and levels of ability, and provides a range of opportunities that are suitable to diverse needs. Athletes may choose to train year-round in one or many of our sporting programs offered, or choose to participate recreationally, or aim to compete at regional, provincial, national, or world competitions.
Volunteering with Special Olympics BC Burnaby is an opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the quality of life of individuals with intellectual disabilities, and an opportunity for you to make a meaningful contribution within your community.
Getting involved is also an opportunity for volunteers of all backgrounds to:
- Meet new friends
- Gain new skills for personal and professional development
- Share your knowledge
- Experience the satisfaction of helping others develop and succeed—in sport and in life!
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and growing number of athletes and volunteers in the community of Burnaby.
Check out our website for more information on our programs, schedules, and how to register.